Marriage Ceremony of Bride and Groom on Date   /   /    /    time of ceremony and venue to be advised.

Only an authorised celebrant can legally perform your marriage. Depending on your circumstances, I will advise you as to the documentation I will need to sight as your Celebrant to officiate your marriage ceremony.

In order to complete the Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) there are LEGAL REQUIREMENTS for Getting Married. Relevant detailed information will be emailed to you in an attachment without further delay.

Your wedding details will be confirmed and signed i.e. confirmation of wedding date, time and venue on my Confirmation of Booking, Agreement and Fee form which includes

  • Items included in my fee
  • Confirmation of Booking
  • Legal Requirements
  • Registration of Marriage

A completed (signed and witnessed) Notice of Intended Marriage form must be given to your celebrant at least one month before the wedding. You can give it to your celebrant up to eighteen months beforehand. As your Celebrant, I will sight all documentation you have brought with you to complete and lodge the Notice of Intended Marriage Form (NOIM).   Your documents are then immediately returned to you.

Both persons intending to marry must be 18 years of age or older.

If BORN IN AUSTRALIA: your original official full Birth Certificate (in English) – if you need a copy please contact the Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages in the State you were born.

If BORN OVERSEAS: your original official full Birth Certificate (in English) or valid overseas passport in lieu of the Birth Certificate.

If either party has been PREVIOUSLY MARRIED or WIDOWED, as your Celebrant, I will need to sight and document original Divorce Decree Absolute papers or original Death Certificate of a previous spouse. If a party has changed their name by marriage and retained a previous spouse’s surname, they may record that surname on the NOIM writing their surname exactly as it appears on the previous marriage certificate or Court issued Divorce Certificate.

A Change Of Name Certificate is required if either party has officially changed their name(s). This can be obtained from the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.

On the day of your wedding, you will sign three marriage certificates. Each certificate should be signed by you, your celebrant and two witnesses over the age of 18. Your celebrant will give you one of the certificates as a record of your marriage.

Each party to a marriage is to provide at least one of the following documents with photo identification as evidence of their identity:

  • a current driver’s licence
  • a proof of age/photo card
  • a valid Australian or overseas passport
  • produce (if applicable) a Certificate of Australian Citizenship along with another form of photographic evidence.

Signing of Form 14 Statutory Declaration under the Marriage Act 1961 is required a few days prior to your marriage ceremony (usually at the wedding rehearsal)  by both parties stating and declaring that there is no legal impediment why you should not legally be joined in marriage.

Following the marriage ceremony … the Bride and Groom will receive:

  • Presentation Marriage Certificate.
  • Thermal leather textured bound keepsake commemorative copy of your marriage ceremony.
  • Celebrant’s Testimonial Feedback form (completion is optional).

As your celebrant,  I must register your marriage with the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages in the State or Territory in which it took place within fourteen days. It is my personal policy to ensure that the legal paperwork will be hand delivered by me to the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages at Level 10, 141 St George’s Terrace Perth WA on the first working day following your marriage ceremony.

The certificate issued by the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages is required for many official purposes. You should apply for a copy of this certificate from the Registry after your wedding.